English Country Dances
- Princeton Country Dancers
hosts an English Country Dance on the 2nd Saturday of the month as well as occasional special events.
- Germantown Country Dancers offer weekly Wednesday night English dances in Merion PA, plus First Saturday events from November though May in Mt. Airy, and an annual Ball the first Saturday of December.
- Princeton Country Dancers hosts
contra dances on Wednesdays plus 4th Saturdays with occasional special events
- There is a contra dance at the Commodore Barry club in Philly
nearly every Thursday night and third Saturdays
in Mount Airy,
- Wondering what contra dance listings are doing on an English Country
Dance website? The dances are cousins, share the same historic roots and
many of the same elements, most English Country Dancers dancers enjoy contra
as well, and the dances are often held in the same venue (e.g. in Princeton, and at events such as Head for the Hills.
Need more? See Gary Shapiro's
GCD at Summit Church
Why We Contra Dance
- PhillyDance is
"Seven Day Guide to Folk, Swing and Traditional Dancing In and Around Philadelphia" includes listings for many different types of dances in addition to Contra and English.
- English Country Dances.
- North Jersey English Country Dancers. Twice monthly
Sunday English County dances in Ridgewood, NJ.
- Country Dance*New York . Weekly
English and Contra dances in NYC
- Country Dancers of Westchester,
English Country Dancing Thursdays plus monthly dance parties,
September to May in White Plains.
- Folklore Society of Greater Washington English
(Wednesdays at Glen Echo) and contra listings
- Baltimore Folk Music Society English and
- Contra and other
- Valley Contra Dance 2nd, 4th and 5th Saturdays in Bethlehem, PA
- The Arden Contra Dances
are held on the first Sunday of each month in Arden, Delaware. Other folk
dances during the month.
- Folk Project shows the schedules for the Swingin' Tern
Dance; contras, squares and swing in East Hanover New Jersey.
- Contradancers.com Contra dancer listings
for Washington DC metropolitan Area
- Baltimore Folk Music Society
- Country Dance and Song Society Directory of member organization
- Dance Gypsy Finds events
(lists about 5,000 a year), performers, venues.
- Ted Crane's Dance Database
Events (mostly contra, some English and swing), venues, performers, etc.
Last updated on 11/7/2016